ARE YOU READY TO GO TO WORK & GET PAID TO ENJOY YOURSELF?????????
Good - Because we do things a little differently around here.
All the care support we provide is delivered in a person-led manner, promoting choice, fun, adventures and positive risk-taking!
All we need from you is a kind and caring nature, a fun personality, and a commitment to enhancing the lives of others.
We GUARANTEE you will go home every day smiling.
- To acquaint oneself immediately upon coming on duty with the relevant events relating to service users using the one-touch system.
- After checking the one-touch system, if you have any non-attenders to contact their next of kin to ascertain that everything is ok and to understand why they are not attending. This must be done immediately and not via the management.
- To have completed a thorough and robust daily allocation prior to the arrival of the dementia support workers and to have given a thorough handover to them on arrival so they are aware of all duties and responsibilities for the day prior to their shift commencing.
- To sign off the dementia support workers' timesheets at the end of every shift.
- To ensure the premises and environment is safe and effective for clients, staff, and visitors.
- To risk assess all activities and equipment as required.
- To complete the monthly activity planners and food menus using each individual client’s life story, activity checklist, and healthcare assessments.
- To encourage service users to maintain maximum independence, taking into account any physical/mental disabilities and to stimulate their participation in activities
- To encourage social interactions between service users
- To provide support and guidance to colleagues in fulfilling the duties of their posts including writing a daily allocation in collaboration with other staff members and volunteers
- To understand your role as management within the day service and in relation to your colleagues.
- To complete on-duty supervisions with day club support workers when required.
- Where applicable to participate in staff meetings, providing feedback and new ideas, and to assist in implementing recommendations that relate to individual service users and to the group as a whole
- To assist with the preparation of simple refreshments, light meals, clearing and washing up of crockery for service users
- Maintain a safe working environment, removing potential hazards
- Responsible for reading and ensuring all staff members at the day clubs have also read each service users care plan and are aware of all care needs and any risks associated
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of each service user including providing any first aid that may be required and deciding on the appropriate course of action with the support of management if available
- To encourage community involvement and interaction, developing community links with schools, other services etc for special events
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new development and changes, and to adapt to new tasks relating to this current role
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection
- To complete risk assessments on activities, outings, and events as necessary
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence and use own initiative to source new activities and materials.
- Report any changes in service users physical or emotional condition to the Manager
- To participate in enhancing the intellectual and social wellbeing of the service users you support
- Encourage staff members, relatives, and friends to participate in the activities
- To plan ongoing weekly activities in conjunction with the service users wishes through wind downs and discussions
- Maintain full and accurate records of activities using one-touch, in order to monitor, record, and evaluate individual and group participation and success and to complete quarterly evaluations.
- To communicate personally with all relatives in regards to any Day Club matters relevant to that day ( Unless complex situations, then seek advice from management.)
- To complete accident and incident log as required.
I already have or will aim to obtain the following:
- Diploma/NVQ or equivalent Level 2 in Health and Social care or
- Diploma/NVQ or equivalent Level 3 in Health and Social care or
- Diploma/NVQ or equivalent Level 5 in Health and Social care or willing to undertake or equivalent science-based degree.
Career development/ progression
24 hour on-call support
Work with some lovely clients